Of all the fundraising tools available to you, this is probably the most important and useful to help you with your fundraising efforts. Please note once you have added your email contacts, you will never have to do so again. They will be maintained as part of your permanent account. You can add or delete any that you wish and the emails will be kept in your record.
Compose a Message
To make your solicitations for funds as easy as possible, several email templates have already been created for you. You can use them, edit them or create your own personal message to email to potential donors.
To send the template email to potential donors
- Under message type select "Ask a Friend to Donate"
- Scroll down and look at the message content. If you are happy with the message, scroll back up and add your recipient email addresses. Please note your contacts will be stored on your "Message" page for easy access.
- Click on "Send Message" at the bottom of the page.
To edit or create your own message to potential donors
- Scroll down to the body of message and make any changes you wish. Or if you prefer, erase the entire message and create your own.
- To be sure the message is exactly how you want it, click on "send a test message to myself".
- Once you have reviewed your emailed test message and you are happy with the content, go back to the page, if you haven't already done so, add your email contact addresses and hit "Send Message".
- Once you hit "Send Message" the copy of the email you created will be saved in the "Sent Message" tab. However, to view it, you need to click the "copy" tab. You can then cut and paste it into a new email message to resend or edit if you wish.
- If you are editing an email and for whatever reason can't complete it at that time, simply click on "Save as a draft". You can then go back into the document at your convenience and finish your editing.
- Remember, once you hit "Send Message" the copy of the email you created will be saved in the "Sent Message" tab. However, to view it, you need to click the "copy" tab. You can then cut and paste it into a new email message to resend or edit if you wish.
This is where all your contact emails are stored. You can you add contacts individually, import them, edit or delete them. It also gives you a history of how much they have donated in the past and if they have contributed to your current fundraising campaign.