- Set a reasonable goal (you can always increase it once you reach it).
- Once you reach your goal increase it and let everyone know it. Thank those who already gave, and encourage those who haven’t yet to do so.
- Utilize the Facebook fundraising feature that can be found on your Fundraising page. When on your fundraising page, click on “My Page”, then “Settings” and scroll down to Add Facebook Event. It will take you about a minute to link your Facebook page with your fundraising page and the funds donated on Facebook will automatically roll over to your Bike the Bridges fundraising page.
- Don’t limit your email appeals to family, friends and co‐workers. Send to people you come in contact with such as clubs, organizations and business contacts. You’d be surprised how many people will donate if they are simply asked.
- Periodically send an email to those you have reached out to and let them know of your progress. It is a good way to gently remind people who meant to give but haven’t that you are still soliciting donations.
- If you are personally collecting pledges mail them in as you collect them so they can be credited to you.
- People who don’t want to pay with a credit card can donate by giving you a check payable to Special Olympics. Be sure and mail in any donations so we can credit it to your fundraising page.
- Invite your family to join you.
- Spread the word. Let your family, friends and co-workers know about the event so they can join too!