2020 Community Virtual Torch Run
Join us on August 13, 2020
Register Now! Donate To This Event
November 2 - November 13, 2020
Special Olympics Northern California (SONC) is proud to host the first ever community-based Virtual Torch Run. Open to the general public, the virtual run is your opportunity to support the public safety personnel who will be running the Special Olympics torch, the "Flame of Hope," in their communities in honor of our Special Olympics athletes. Help us keep the “Flame of Hope” burning by walking, running or rolling in your communities to help us reach a goal of completing 2,020 miles for the year 2020!
How It Works
Registration fee: $35
- Register. Your registration fee includes the coveted long-sleeve dry fit runner’s shirt that is only available to registered participants.
- Start Fundraising and Earn Great Incentives. Fundraising is encouraged. Checkout our awesome incentives below! Fundraising incentives will be shipped after the event. Our top fundraisers will get a “thank you” message four our athletes and a shout out on social!
- Join the Virtual Torch Run Club on Strava. You’ll get an email with the group information the week of October 26.
- Log Your Miles. Walk, run or roll and log your miles on Strava from November 2 to November 13.
- Join Our Community! We encourage you to join our Facebook Group for all participants and supporters to stay connected and enjoy our virtual experience together!
- Share Your Why. Each participant will receive a printable sign to snap a picture with during your efforts. Post on your social networks WHY you are participating. Is it to show your support for inclusion? Each person’s “why” is powerful – make sure to wear your runner’s shirt and please share pictures, posts or videos using the hashtag #LETR4SONorCal or email: TorchRun@sonc.org.
- Waiver for Minors - A legal guardian for a minor participant must sign the Community Virtual Torch Run waiver and scan and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 2, 2020.
- Join at the Fall Games @ Home Opening Ceremony on Monday, November 16. Link to follow.
raise more to give more...and get more!
More than ever people living with intellectual disabilities need our support, and you can show that support by going the extra mile to fundraise! Set a personal fundraising goal when you register, and remember, the more you raise, the more incentives you can earn!
Special Olympics Northern California Social Media
Facebook - @SONorCal
Twitter - @SONorCal
Instagram - @specialolympicsnca